Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada over the age of 18 can sponsor certain family members. There are 3 different types of family sponsorship; Canada sponsor spouse, child, and parents-and-grandparents.


You can apply to sponsor your partner if you are married, in a common law relationship or have a conjugal partner. There are two ways to do this:

  • In Canada: A benefit of sponsoring a spouse from within Canada is that we can usually process a work visa for them while they are being sponsored.
  • Out of Canada: Processing times are dependent on the visa office outside of Canada. The sponsor can not be on welfare or recently have been on welfare. If you have been sponsored, or sponsored someone in the past there is a 5 year waiting period.


You can sponsor your children and your partner’s children. Natural or adopted. Must be under the age of 19.

Parents and Grandparents:

This visa has a cap of 10,000 annual as of 2016. Please call us as early as September to ensure paperwork is ready for the following year.

Requirements for family sponsorship can vary on a case to case basis. Please go to request a quote and tell us more about your case or contact us today for more information.