Work Visa

Work visas allow you to come to Canada and be legally allowed to work for a short period of time. This visa can help you get points to qualify for a federal skilled workers program. The period granted is usually 1-2 years and allows you to apply for an extension if necessary.

There are two types of these visa:

Open: An open visa does not require a job offer prior to arriving. You are able to apply to any job and switch jobs if necessary.

Restricted: A restrictive visa allows you to work for the company that offered it to you. This requires a job offer prior to arriving. The term “restricted” means that the applicant is only allowed to work for the company that gave them a job offer prior to entering Canada.

We can help you decide which temporary visa best suits your needs. Follow the link at the bottom of the page to contacts us, request a quote, or for more information.

Working Holiday Visa

To participate in Canada’s Working Holiday Visa program must meet the following requirements,

  • your country or territory of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit or
  • you may be able to use a recognized organization (RO)

The working holiday visa allows a stay of up to 12 months, and is available to citizens of Australia, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Korea, Portugal and Sweden. For a full list you can visit this link to see if your countries citizens are eligible to apply. A complete list of recognized organizations can be found by clicking here.

For more information, or to ask if citizens from your country may apply for this visa program, you can contact us using the link at the bottom of the page.

LMIA program

On August 25th, 2020 the Canadian government released the LMIA policy, taking effect immediately. This is as quoted by the Government of Canada’s website, a “new temporary public policy that will allow visitors to apply for a work permit without having to leave Canada“. This means that after the original permit has expired and while the new permit is in review, the applicant may still continue working.

If you are a business owner looking into this program, Taraz services can now offer advice on the subject.

Press the link to our contact information below to call or email us today. Or you can visit our blog post on LMIA for more information by clicking here.